Mac Miller Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl, Cocaine, and Alcohol

Mac Miller Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl, Cocaine, and Alcohol

Alcohol and drug paraphernalia were found; however, TMZ reported the house was mostly "swept clean" before investigators arrived. The assistant described him as already being "blue" during the 911 call.

Paramedics found Miller unresponsive in his Los Angeles home on September 7 and declared him dead soon after.

Miller's assistant agreed, saying Miller was feeling positive about his projects, but said he had a tendency to slip into drug binges, and had such an episode three days before the one that left him dead. Pills reportedly recovered from the home included Xanax, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and generic Adderall. A rolled $20 bill with "powdery residue" was found in the artist's right pocket.

More news: Driver was huffing before crash that killed Girl Scouts and mom

Mac Miller, real name Malcom James McCormick, died earlier this year.

Miller's death came just months after he split from Ariana Grande and weeks after he was charged with a DUI. An unnamed insider told People "this is such a shock".

In August, President Donald Trump urged the Senate to pass a measure to stop synthetic opioid drugs such as fentanyl from being transported into the United States via the U.S. Postal Service system.

More news: You Can Get Free Shipping on All Amazon Orders During the Holidays

Fentanyl was originally developed as a painkiller and anesthetic, but it's 50 to 100 times more potent than heroin.

The singer Prince had taken fentanyl before his death in 2016.

More news: United States charges China, Taiwan firms with stealing Micron's DRAM technology

Related Articles